Snapchat Chooses London for Its International Headquarter
Messaging app Snapchat said it would make London the home of its international operations.
Messaging app Snapchat said it would make London the home of its international operations. (Image: REUTERS/Lucas Jackson/File Photo)
Messaging app Snapchat said it would make London the home of its international operations, delivering another vote of confidence in Britain's technology credentials as the country prepares to leave the European Union.
The company, which has 150 million daily users globally, will book sales in the UK and in other countries where it has no local entity in Britain rather than routing them through lower tax jurisdictions like Ireland and Luxembourg as some other U.S. tech companies do.
Snap Inc said the UK's strong creative industries made the country "a great place to build a global business".
"We believe in the UK creative industries," Claire Valoti, general manager of Snap Group in the UK, said on Tuesday.
"The UK is where our advertising clients are, where more than 10 million daily Snapchatters are, and where we've already begun to hire talent."
Recommended For You
- Deepika-Ranveer Wedding: It was Love Personified to See Them Together, Reveals Guest
- Sony WH-1000XM3 Review: The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is Under Serious Threat, And it is Too Close to Call
- 'I Know I am Muslim as Others Don't Let Me Forget': When House Hunting in Metros Turns into Nightmare
- Aamir Khan’s Son and Abhishek Bachchan’s Daughter Play Ram-Sita in School Drama
- Crazy in Love? The Japanese Man 'Married' to a Hologram