Steve Jobs Birthday: 10 Lesser Known Facts About The Apple Co-Founder
Though most of us know about his life and inventions, here are some lesser known facts about the most famous inventor of his times.
10 lesser known facts about the Apple co-founder, Steve Jobs. (Image: Reuters)
Technology is the foremost aspect in the lives of humans in the 21st century. Looking back, it has come a long way to shape these lives as they are now and some individuals have played a pivotal role in it.
One such individual was the co-founder of Apple Inc, one of the tech giants in the world.
Steven Paul Jobs, better known as Steve Jobs has his birthday today. Though most of us know about his life and inventions, here are some lesser known facts about the most famous inventor of his times.
1. Steve was not ‘Jobs’ since birth
Meaning, he was adopted by Paul and Clara Jobs with the promise that he would go to college when he grows up.
Abdulfattah Jandali and Joanne Schieble, his biological parents gave their child to the Jobs family thinking it was too young for them to marry at the age of 23.
2. Steve Jobs was a pescetarian
i.e. he ate no other meat except for fish. Though his diet mostly consisted of vegetarian food.
3. Jobs had a passion for calligraphy
He even took up a course of calligraphy in his short period of college education.
4. He once stole from his partner Steve Wozniak
Both of them were the co-founders of Apple. Jobs once stole from his partner when they first created a game for Atari. They had promised to split the payment once they received it.
Jobs told Wozniak that they had received $700 as payment and so handed him $350. The actual payout was $5,000.
5. Jobs had a tough time as a college dropout
After dropping out from college, Steve Jobs continued attending some of the classes unofficially. During this time, he had to sleep on the floors of his friends’ dorm rooms.
He also used to collect empty Coke bottles and exchanged them for money. On Sundays, he would walk for 7 miles to have free meals at the Hare Krishna temple.
6. Jobs was attracted to the Zen Buddhism
Steve Jobs traveled to India for 7 months. He had apparently liked the Buddhist way of living and meditated often. He even shaved his head afterward to follow that lifestyle.
7. He experimented with psychedelic drugs
Steve Jobs claimed to have experimented with LSD a few times. He later stated ‘one of the two or three most important things I have done in my life’.
8. Steve Jobs had an illegitimate child
Jobs had an illegitimate child from his high-school sweetheart Chrisann Brennan. Though Jobs denied any such claims for a long time, he later accepted Lisa Brennan as his daughter and changed her name to Lisa Brennan-Jobs.
9. Steve Jobs met his real sister much later in life.
Mona Simpson, his biological sister met him much later in life. Mona is an American novelist.
10. He counted being thrown out of his company as a blessing
Steve Jobs was pushed out of Apple Inc. in 1985. He later realized this to be a blessing in disguise. He started exploring the creative side of himself in the time he was out and also bought an animation studio.
The studio later became the world famous animation studio, Pixar. Jobs rejoined his company in 1997.
Apple has recently paid a tribute to Steve Jobs by dedicating a theater to his name in the Apple's new campus, Apple Park.
Recommended For You
- Avengers 4: Marvel Discloses How Thanos Turns Into a Mad Titan Killing Half the Universe
- No filter Neha: From Dating 75 women to Being Stranded by an Ex, Angad Bedi Bared it All on Neha Dhupia's Show
- 2020 Toyota Corolla Sedan Revealed at Guangzhou International Automobile Exhibition
- Nike Air Zoom Pegasus Turbo Review: Racing Stripe on a Running Shoe is Just The Start of Awesomeness
- Volkswagen Directed to Pay Rs 100 Crore to CPCB Over Diesel Emissions Scandal