Tata Motors is all geared up to take the domestic compact SUV segment by storm with its upcoming Nexon. If you are still eyeing the Maruti Vitara Brezza or Ford Ecosport, then wait for it, the Nexon could leave you in awe with just a test ride. For an expected starting price of Rs 6 lakh, calling the Tata Nexon a head-turner, could be an understatement. While enough is already written about the design of the Nexon, Tata Motors has upped the ante in the infotainment front. Like the Tiago, Tigor and Hexa, the Nexon also offers the Connectnext Infotainment system by Harman. But in the Nexon it is special. How? Here are the top five features of the Harman powered Connectnext infotainment system to look out for…
1) Floating Dashtop: The Tata Nexon takes a bit of inspiration from Jaguar Land Rover and for the first time that a floating dashtop screen has made its way in this competitive compact SUV segment. The 6.5-inch screen, of course, supports touch. As mentioned in our First Drive Review, the 6.5-inch touchscreen infotainment display is great to use and even better to look at. The Nexon comes with reverse camera with dynamic guideways and the 6.5-inch display offers enough screen real-estate for comfortable viewing. Additionally, there is a dedicated camera button to enable you to look at the rear of the vehicle without engaging the reverse gear.New 6.5-inch floating touchscreen infotainment system. (Image: Siddharth Safaya/News18.com)
2) 8-speaker audio system: The Nexon offers four speakers and four tweeters from Harman, to provide a surround sound experience which the company says is exclusively tuned. The infotainment system offers AUX and USB connectivity along with Bluetooth support. With steering mounted controls, you can tune your audio needs as and when required at ease and also speak to it to get your work done.
3) Smartphone connectivity: The Connectnext infotainment by Harman offers Android Auto support and Apple Carplay is expected to be introduced soon. With voice commands, you can order your Nexon to play songs from your smartphone, play videos, view images make calls, and open other apps. You can carry the “Ok Google” voice command experience to your car and not to forget it offers smartphone-based navigation as well.
4) Read and reply to WhatsApp texts: With WhatsApp taking over phone calls and SMS, for those unaware, you can instruct the infotainment system to read out WhatsApp messages aloud while you are driving and also replying to WhatsApp texts by just talking to your phone via the dashtop screen.
5) Voice alerts: The Connectnext infotainment system offers voice alerts for warning functions, video playback and image viewing options.
Don’t miss this video: Tata Nexon First Drive