- Municipal Corporations 9/10
- TRS 8
- INC 0
- BJP 1
- AIMIM 0
- OTH 0
- MUNICIPALITIES 114/120
- TRS 96
- INC 9
- BJP 3
- AIMIM 2
- OTH 4
Telegram Gains 3 Million Users After Facebook Outage
After suffering a massive outage on Wednesday, Facebook and its apps were back in action amid sporadic reports of some users still facing some issues.
Highly-encrypted mobile messaging platform Telegram on Thursday saw a surge in sign ups as Facebook and its other services like WhatsApp, Instagram and Messenger were down for hours. Accroding to a report in TechCrunch, Telegram garnered over three million new users during Facebook's downtime.
"I see three million new users signed up for Telegram within the last 24 hours," wrote Telegram Founder Pavel Durov on his page. After suffering a massive outage on Wednesday, Facebook and its apps were back in action amid sporadic reports of some users still facing some issues.
"Good. We have true privacy and unlimited space for everyone," Durov added. Telegram confirmed to TechCrunch that the Facebook apps' downtime is the likely cause of its latest signup spike. Telegram has over 200 million monthly active users.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13 Fame Asim Riaz to Star Opposite Sunny Leone in Mahesh Bhatt's Directorial?
- Transfer News and Rumours LIVE: Latest Updates From Liverpool, Chelsea, Man United, Arsenal, Man City, Real Madrid, Barcelona
- Panga Gets Sandwiched Between Street Dancer 3D and Tanhaji at the Box Office
- Pakistan Thump Sloppy Bangladesh for Twenty20 Series Win
- Nick Kyrgios Says There's 'Layer of Respect' With Rafael Nadal Even if They Don't Like Each Other