Twitter Allows Publishers to Monetise Video Views Globally
Twitter said it introduced this update following feedback that there is demand to monetise a publisher's organic following, outside of their home country.
Image for representation
Publishers of videos on Twitter can now monetise their entire global video audience on the micro-blogging site through in-stream video ads. Previously, in-stream video ads were limited to the markets in which publishers are based, Twitter said in a statement on Wednesday.
Over the past year, Twitter has expanded this capability to nearly 20 global markets, including India. Twitter said it introduced this update following feedback that there is demand to monetise a publisher's organic following, outside of their home country.
Over the first half of 2018, publisher earnings for in-stream video ads have more than doubled compared to the same period in 2017, Twitter said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Ashes 2019: Ben Stokes Inspires England to Miraculous Win at Headingley
- Erica Fernandes, Parth Samthaan Vacationing in Maldives
- India vs West Indies 2019: Kohli Needs to be Consistent in Selection: Ganguly
- Jio Effect: Airtel May Offer Free Android STB, HD LED TV with Broadband, DTH Plans
- Metz M55G2 4K Android TV Review: So Good, it Should Cost a Lot More Than Rs 42,990