Twitter CEO Jack Dorsey Snaps Up Shares Worth About $9.5 Million
Twitter's shares rose 1 percent to $16.65 after the bell.
Twitter Chief, Jack Dorsey, Donald Trump, US election. (Image: Reuters/Rebecca Cook)
Twitter Inc Chief Executive Jack Dorsey snapped up more than half a million of the company's shares for about $9.5 million, a regulatory filing on showed.
Dorsey bought 574,002 Twitter shares in multiple transactions at prices ranging between $16.47 and $16.74 per share, according to the filing.
That adds to the roughly $7 million worth of Twitter stock Dorsey bought earlier this year, bringing the total number of shares he has purchased this year to 1 million, the CEO said in a tweet.
Watch video of Nokia 3310
According to the filing, Dorsey now owns about 16 million Twitter shares, which equates to a stake of about 2.2 percent in the company he co-founded.
Dorsey's disclosure comes a day after Twitter reported better-than-expected user growth for its first quarter, following several quarters of stalled growth.
Twitter's shares rose 1 percent to $16.65 after the bell on Friday.
The stock closed up nearly 5 percent in regular trading on Friday, adding to a gain of roughly 8 percent on Thursday when the company reported its results.
Recommended For You
- To Let Movie Review: A Pressing Social Issue Imaginatively Tacked with Singular Focus
- Gully Boy Faces Major Drop As It Inches Closer to Rs 100 Cr Mark, Uri on 'Miraculous Run'
- BCCI Meet on Friday to Consider Asking Pakistan World Cup Ban
- YouTube Has Heard The Advertisers Message, And is Now Cracking Down on Pedophiles
- Breakdancing Among New Sports to Be Included in 2024 Olympic Games
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s