Twitter Employees Donate $1.59 Million to Fight Immigration Ban by Donald Trump
Nearly 1,000 employees donated the hefty amount to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) to fight Trump's executive order on the temporary travel ban.
Twitter employees donated hefty amounts to fight Donald Trump's Immigration ban. (Image: Reuters)
Despite US President Donald Trump being a prolific Twitter user, the employees of the micro-blogging site donated $1.59 million to an organisation to fight Trump, a media report said.
According to a report in TechCrunch on Thursday, nearly 1,000 employees donated the hefty amount to the American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) to fight Trump's executive order on the temporary travel ban.
CEO Jack Dorsey and Executive Chairman Omid Kordestani also contributed.
"Our work is far from done. In the coming months we'll see a flurry of legal challenges, legislative pushes and public pronouncements," Vijaya Gadde, General Counsel, Twitter was quoted as saying.
"But as long as civil liberties are threatened, I am proud to know that as individuals we will stand up to defend freedom and look after people," Gadde said.
Apart from Twitter's donations, ACLU has raised over $24 million within a few days, six times more than it did in the entire 2016.
"In a further sign of support from Silicon Valley, the ACLU entered
Recommended For You
- This Picture Of Alia Bhatt And Paresh Rawal Is Winning All Hearts On Social Media
- How to Drive Your Car On a Track Day - Easy Tips and Tricks
- Juhi Parmar Hits Back at Former Husband Sachin Shroff, Read the Full Letter Here
- Actor Sumeet Vyas Set to Pen His First feature Film Script
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli are Giving Us Major Relationship Goals; See Their PDA Pics