Twitter India Reps Appear Before Parliamentary Panel; Examine Cyber-Security of Women
The all-women Parliamentary Panel headed by BJP MP Heena Gavit has also called representatives from Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram to appear before it.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Top officials from Twitter India appeared before a parliamentary committee examining the issue of cyber safety and security of women on Wednesday. The Twitter India representatives are expected to make a presentation on the issue before the parliamentary panel on women empowerment. The panel, headed by BJP MP Heena Gavit, has all women members. It has also called Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram representatives to appear before it on Thursday.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kasautii Zindagii Kay's Sonyaa Ayodhya Marries Harsh Samorre, Erica Fernandes, Harsh Rajput in Attendance
- Akshay Kumar Pleases Twinkle Khanna by Gifting Her Pair of ‘Onion Earrings’ from Kapil Sharma Show
- Neymar Hits FC Barcelona With Fresh Lawsuit to Demand Unpaid Wages
- WhatsApp Will Sue Businesses That Bombard Users Will Bulk Messages
- You Can Now Buy a Baby Yoda Toy for Rs 21,000, But Here's the Catch