Twitter Lost 9 Million Users in Q3: Report
Twitter revealed the drop in its earnings report on Thursday and acknowledged that it had anticipated losing around five million users during the period.
Image for representation
Twitter has lost nine million users during the third quarter of the current fiscal, its worst quarterly decline ever. The social network revealed the drop in its earnings report on Thursday and acknowledged that it had anticipated losing around five million users during the period, Fortune reported. The micro-blogging platform now has 326 million active users.
Twitter said that its user drop was due in part to the company clamping down on accounts that disseminate spam or use automated bots to try to target legitimate users.
Many micro-blogging platform users reported that their follower counts had dropped considerably during one of Twitter's purges.
Despite the user loss, the micro-blogging platform had a strong quarter, as revenue jumped 29 percent (year-over-year) to $758.1 million. The company expects its user base to continue to shrink as it purges more accounts.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- How Many of Us Choose Heart Over Mind: Kangana Ranaut Supports Priyanka Chopra for 'Jai Hind' Tweet
- Dwayne The Rock Johnson Tops World's Richest Actors List, Beats Chris Hemsworth, Robert Downey Jr
- Spotify Premium Now Available With 3 Months of Free Access for New Users
- Sara Ali Khan Gives Fans Yet Another Reason to Adore Her As She Clicks Selfie With Kids at Airport
- Cristiano Ronaldo Praises Lionel Messi, Says He 'Made me a Better Player'