Two China Supercomputers Still Fastest in The World
A Chinese supercomputer has topped the rankings maintained by researchers in the US and Germany for nine times in a row.
Back of a super computer. Representative Image. (Image: REUTERS/Thomas Peter)
China's Sunway TaihuLight and Tianhe-2 are still the world's fastest and second fastest machines, according to the latest edition of the semiannual T0P500 list of supercomputers released on Monday.
Sunway TaihuLight, described by the list as "far and away the most powerful number-cruncher on the planet", maintained the lead since last June, when it dethroned Tianhe-2, the former champion for the previous three consecutive years, reports Xinhua news agency.
Watch Video: The Tech And Auto Show - Episode 3
It means that a Chinese supercomputer has topped the rankings maintained by researchers in the US and Germany for nine times in a row.
Sunway TaihuLight, with a performance of 93 petaflops, was built entirely using processors designed and made in China.
Recommended For You
- New Flaw Detected in Boeing 737 Max 8 Planes, Ban on Flying Continues
- Salman Khan's New Pic With His 'Most Loving' Dog is Winning Hearts on Internet, See Here
- Leonardo DiCaprio Draws Attention to Chennai Water Crisis, Kabir Singh Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Pakistan's Eerily Similar Results to 1992 World Cup Win Has Fans Praying For Another Miracle
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s