Uber For Business Expands, Launches Uber Central
The new service will allow organisations to request, manage and pay for their customers, clients, and guests.
Representative Image. (Reuters)
US-based cab aggregator, Uber today launched Uber Central, built on top of the Uber for Business platform. The new service will allow organisations of all shapes and sizes to provide on-demand, door-to-door transportation for their customers, clients, and guests.
It will also allow organisations to request, manage and pay for rides for others.
Uber Central will enable organisations to leverage the latest technologies and get access to the digital billing, reporting, and management tools to manage their transportation operations.
Launched in December 2015, Uber for Business in India initiated its pilot program in October 2015 with more than 8,000 companies aboard.
So far the company claims to have completed 2 billion rides in more than 70 countries.
Uber’s Indian rival Ola also started an organizational cab service platform called Ola Corporate soon after Uber launched Uber for Business in India.
It is expected that very soon these cab aggregators will also take over the organizational cab business.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Nushrat Bharucha Wants to See Ranbir Kapoor in a Towel in Bigg Boss
- Shashi Tharoor Slams Pakistan's 'Vituperative Mudslinging', Twitter Brings Out Dictionary
- Ranveer Singh Gets Cheeky with Deepika Padukone on Social Media
- Google Assistant Bug is Causing Battery Drain in Android Phones
- FASTag Will Soon be Mandatory For Your Car: This is How The Digital Payment Tag Works