Uber Lost & Found India Index: Top 10 Items Indians Forget While Riding in Uber
Captures interesting rider insights on items lost and found in an Uber. Bengaluru emerges as the most forgetful city in India.
Uber logo. Representative Image. (Image: Reuters)
Uber today introduced the Uber Lost & Found India Index, a list of the most frequently, and most surprisingly ‘lost and found’ items by Uber riders in India. Besides this, the index also includes highlights like the cities most prone to forgetfulness, which days of the week Uber riders tend to be most forgetful, etc.
A guide for riders looking for 'Lost Items' indicates the following steps to be followed:
● Tap “Your Trips” and select the trip where you left something
● Tap “Contact my driver about a lost item”
● Scroll down and enter the phone number you would like to be contacted at. Tap submit.
● If you lost your personal phone, enter a friend’s phone number instead.
● Your phone will ring and connect you directly with your driver’s mobile number.
● If your driver picks up and confirms that your item has been found, coordinate a mutually convenient time and place to meet for its return to you.
● If you are unable to connect with the driver, use ‘in-app support’ to report the loss and Uber Support Team will step in to help you
As per the index, phones and rings are the two most commonly forgotten items, along with chargers and sunglasses. Surprisingly, there have been instances of riders have also left behind bullet-proof vests, potted plants, to pool sticks and kites, and even puppies.
Below is the snapshot of insights from Uber Lost & Found India Index:
Most forgetful Indian Cities
2. New Delhi
Most common days to report items as lost (in India):
Most forgetful day in 2016 (days maximum items were reported as lost in India):
1. December 31
2. December 11
3. December 27
4. November 27
5. December 12
Most forgetful week in 2016 (week maximum items were reported as lost in India):
6. Week of December 26
7. Week of December 19
8. Week of November 21
9. Week of December 12
10. Week of December 5
Most forgetful month in 2016 (month maximum items were reported as lost in India)
Most Unique Items Forgotten in Ubers in India:
1. Cheque worth 15 Lakhs
4. Expensive watch
5. Expensive footwear
6. Liquor bottles
7. Wooden Planks
9. Grocery bags
10. Cricket Bats
Most Common Items Forgotten in Ubers in India:
6. Purse/ Bags
7. License / ID
Recommended For You
- Pihu Movie Review: You’ll Watch a Small Girl Heading Towards Death With Bated Breath
- Upcoming Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 Spied Completely Undisguised, Interiors Spied Too
- Bangladesh Look Up to Friendly Neighbour India for Boxing Inspiration
- Thugs of Hindostan Box Office: Aamir Khan Tastes Failure After a Long Time
- India Gets Olympic Warning After Kosovo Boxer Denied Visa