Uber Resumes Services in Taiwan
The resumption of service comes after the U.S.-based ride-hailing service suspended its operations on the island in February.
Uber resumes services in Taiwan. (Image: Reuters)
Uber Technologies Inc said it will resume its ride-hailing service in Taiwan on Thursday after "constructive talks" with island authorities.
"After constructive talks with transportation authorities, we are now partnering with licensed rental car companies to resume serving riders in Taipei," Uber said in a statement.
The resumption of service comes after the U.S.-based ride-hailing service suspended its operations on the island in February in its long-running dispute with island authorities over mounting fines.
Recommended For You
- Born in Pakistan, Citizen of USA, Sparkling in the Caribbean - The World is Ali Khan's Stage
- Priyanka Chopra Posts Engagement Photos, Thanks the World for Their Blessings; See Pics
- How Hindustan’s Vajpayee Became India’s Prime Minister: In Memoriam by a Millennial
- Karan Johar Brews Bollywood Gossip in New Season of Koffee With Karan
- Twitter Slams India's Youngest Billionaire, Paytm Founder, For Donating Rs 10,000 to Kerala