Uber Resumes Services in Taiwan
The resumption of service comes after the U.S.-based ride-hailing service suspended its operations on the island in February.
Uber resumes services in Taiwan. (Image: Reuters)
Uber Technologies Inc said it will resume its ride-hailing service in Taiwan on Thursday after "constructive talks" with island authorities.
"After constructive talks with transportation authorities, we are now partnering with licensed rental car companies to resume serving riders in Taipei," Uber said in a statement.
The resumption of service comes after the U.S.-based ride-hailing service suspended its operations on the island in February in its long-running dispute with island authorities over mounting fines.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2018: Chennai Super Kings — Journey to Final
- Did Star Wars Universe Actually Need Solo: A Star Wars Story?
- Cristiano Ronaldo Keen on Enjoying History as Real Madrid Hope for Stay
- 'All-rounder' Rashid Khan in Elite Company After Eden Gardens Heroics
- Bioscopewala Review: Danny Denzongpa Starrer Should be Widely Seen and Discussed