UK, Technology Firms Progress in Getting Encrypted Militant Messages
Britain has repeatedly complained that technology companies have failed to disclose enough information about the encrypted messages of militant suspects.
A British flag flutters in front of a window in London. (Representative Image)
Britain is making good progress with technology companies on getting access to the encrypted messages of militant suspects, interior minister Amber Rudd said on Sunday.
Britain has repeatedly complained that technology companies have failed to disclose enough information about the encrypted messages of militant suspects, though technology companies such as Whatsapp say they cannot break end-to-end encryption.
"We are making good progress with the companies who have put in place end-to-end encryption, some of them are being more constructive that others but we will continue to build on that," Rudd said on BBC television.
"The area that I am most concerned about is the internet companies who are continuing to publish the hate publications, the hate material that is contributing to radicalizing people in this country," Rudd said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sophie Turner Joins Joe Jonas in NYC as Jonas Brothers Take a Day Off from Their Tour
- Keanu Reeves, Carrie Anne-Moss Are Officially Returning for Matrix 4, And Fans Can't Keep Calm
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Woman Sets Fire to Creepy 'It' Clown Doll which Floated into Her Backyard
- Xiaomi Mi A3 Android One Phone With 48-Megapixel Triple Camera Launched: Price, Features and More