Users Opting Mobile Payments Exceed 520 Million in China
According to the People's Bank of China, Chinese banks dealt with 8.6 billion payments from mobile services in the second quarter of this year, up 40.5 percent from a year ago.
The number of China's mobile wallet users has exceeded 520 million with combined payments of over USD 6 trillion, Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba's financial services affiliate said today. According to the People's Bank of China, Chinese banks dealt with 8.6 billion payments from mobile services in the second quarter of this year, up 40.5 percent from a year ago. The combined value of mobile payments jumped 33.8 percent to 39.2 trillion yuan (USD six trillion).
India's 1st Tech And Auto Show Awards 2017 | Vote And Win a Smartphone
The growth came as user-friendly platforms such as WeChat Pay encourage online transactions. In April, Ant Financial, Alibaba's financial affiliate which runs the popular Ali Pay -- China's leading third-party online payment solution, said that it planned to spend 6 billion yuan in two years to popularise its payment system. According to a report jointly produced by Tencent, the Renmin University of China and French market researchers Ipsos, 84 percent of Chinese said they are "comfortable" going out with only their phones and no cash, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Tech And Auto Show | EP21 | Apple iPhone X, Suzuki Intruder 150 & More
Recommended For You
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Now Pay a Fine of Rs 10,000 for not Letting Ambulance Pass, Drink & Drive as Per Updated Motor Bill
- New Age Social Media Apps, and a Shocking Problem of Borderline Sexual Content
- Pakistan's Eerily Similar Results to 1992 World Cup Win Has Fans Praying For Another Miracle
- RBI Committee Recommendations For KYC on Google Duo or Apple FaceTime Could See Larger Implementation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s