Vodafone Idea Plans to Improve Network Quality with Ericsson's 'Cloud Packet Core'
Vodafone Idea will aim to offer its users with better network features with Ericsson's latest core network technologies.
(Image for representation)
Swedish technology major Ericsson on Friday said telecom major Vodafone Idea will deploy its "Cloud Packet Core" to enhance its existing core network.
"As part of this deal, Vodafone Idea would benefit from Ericsson's market leading core network applications and network functions such as Ericsson virtual Evolved Packet Gateway (vEPG), Service Aware Policy Controller (vSAPC) and Virtualization Infrastructure (NFVi) solution enabling fast introduction of new services and providing full service continuity," Ericsson said in a statement.
Vodafone Idea is partnering with the global vendors and equipment suppliers like Ericsson to deploy new age technologies with built-in customisations and novel innovations to deliver rich customer experience while building a robust, future-fit network, it said.
Vishant Vora, Chief Technology Officer, Vodafone Idea, said: "Data consumption in India is growing rapidly and users are looking for new, richer experiences every day. We are confident that Ericsson's vEPC solution will be enable us to meet our strategic goals."
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Maruti Suzuki S-Presso Mini SUV Officially Teased Ahead of September 30 Launch: Watch Video
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Katrina Kaif and Arjun Kapoor Save a Paparazzi From Getting Hurt; Watch Video
- Photos Show How Greta Thunberg's Supporters Grew from Two, to Millions In Just a Year