Wipro Gets Threatening Letter, Beefs Up Security
The sender asked Wipro to make the payment in 20 days and provided a link for the same.
The sender asked Wipro to make the payment in 20 days and provided a link for the same. (Image Wipro)
IT major Wipro has said it has augmented security measures at all its office locations after receiving a "threatening letter from an unidentified source."
"Wipro confirms that it has filed a complaint with the local law enforcement authorities after receiving a threatening letter from an unidentified source," Wipro said in a statement.
Wipro has augmented security measures at all its office locations, it said.
"There is no impact on the company's operations. We have no further comments as the investigation is ongoing," it added.
Watch video review of OnePlus 3T Black
The company did not specify the nature of the threat.
However, police confirmed reports that someone sent an e-mail demanding Rs 500 crore in digital currency of bitcoins, and threatened to attack Wipro offices with Ricin (a natural toxin found in seeds of the castor oil plant) on failing to do so.
Additional Commissioner of Police (Crime) S Ravi told PTI that a complaint has been registered at the cyber crime police station and investigations are on.
According to media reports, in the e-mail sent on Friday, the sender asked the company to make the payment in 20 days and provided a link for the same.
Recommended For You
- Mira Rajput Gives Befitting Reply to Trolls Criticising her Acting Debut in TV Ad
- 'I Still Believe in Humour': For Jharkhand's 'Meme Man', Freedom of Expression Wasn't Free
- Check Out the First Posters of Parineeti Chopra and Arjun Kapoor’s Namaste England
- Sussane Khan's Heart-warming Message for BFF Sonali Bendre Will Make You Smile
- Samsung Galaxy Note 9 For Rs 7,990 on Airtel: Here Are The Details