Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
Tech
News18 » Auto
1-min read

World's First Hydrogen-Electric Passenger Plane to Take Off in 2025

The world's first regional passenger plane powered by hydrogen-electric power is set to take to the skies as early as 2025, paving the way for a new generation of zero-emissions air travel.

AFP Relaxnews

Updated:October 3, 2018, 12:24 PM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
World's First Hydrogen-Electric Passenger Plane to Take Off in 2025
World's First Hydrogen-Electric Passenger Plane to Take Off in 2025
Loading...

Designed to fly up to four passengers for distances between 500 to 5,000 km, the Element One is described as a quiet, ultra-light, zero carbon aircraft "several orders of magnitude better" than battery-electric aircrafts. The plane merges hydrogen fuel cell technology with a distributed electric aircraft propulsion design.

A prototype of the aircraft is set to launch in 2025. The new form of aerial mobility is being developed primarily to open more aerial routes between smaller towns and underserviced areas, using an existing network of small-scale airports and aerodromes.

The project is designed by Singapore-based HES Energy Systems, which specializes in building high performance hydrogen fuel systems for autonomous aerial vehicles. HES has also struck a partnership with French startup Wingly, which offers flight-sharing services for regional air travel.

In France alone, only 10 percent of the country's 450 airfields are connected by regional airlines. Hydrogen-electric-powered aircrafts like Element One can help connect the remaining 90 percent, says Wingly.

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.

| Edited by: ---
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results