Xiaomi Beats Apple, Samsung as The Most Preferred Indian Smartphone
Xiaomi India has become the number one selling smartphone brand in the online market.
Xiaomi Redmi 4A is up for pre-bookings on the official Xiaomi India website.. (Image: Siddharth Safaya/News18.com)
Xiaomi has become the most preferred smartphone upgrade choice for Indian consumers in 2017, beating popular brands like Samsung and Apple, market research firm Strategy Analytics said on Friday.
According to the report, 26 percent of potential Android buyers looking to upgrade their devices in 2017 list Xiaomi as their preferred brand.
"With an array of devices selling in the Indian market, it is remarkable that Xiaomi has witnessed a whopping 125 percent growth in India and has become the most preferred brand for Android buyers looking for an upgrade in 2017," said Rajeev Nair, Senior Analyst, Strategy Analytics.
Xiaomi India has become the number one selling smartphone brand in the online market, with 29.3 percent share, and the second largest smartphone brand in India with 10.7 percent market share in the fourth quarter of 2016.
"Our phones are built with a vision to make technology innovation affordable to everyone. We do not compromise on our cost to value proposition, our fan engagement or our quality," added Manu Jain, Vice President and Managing Director, Xiaomi India.
Recommended For You
- Krunal Pandya Completes Akshay Kumar's #BalaChallenge, Fans Ask Brother Hardik to Take it Too
- Woman Footballer's Hijab Came Off During a Match. Watch How Opponents Helped Her
- Kajol Recreates Iconic Simran Pose as 'Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge' Completes 24 Years
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport
- Google Pixel 4 Face Unlock is so Unsecure, You May as Well Not Bother Using it