Xiaomi Beats Apple, Samsung as The Most Preferred Indian Smartphone
Xiaomi India has become the number one selling smartphone brand in the online market.
A report states that Indians prefer Xiaomi over Samsung and Apple in smartphones. (Image: Siddharth Safaya/News18.com)
Xiaomi has become the most preferred smartphone upgrade choice for Indian consumers in 2017, beating popular brands like Samsung and Apple, market research firm Strategy Analytics said on Friday.
According to the report, 26 percent of potential Android buyers looking to upgrade their devices in 2017 list Xiaomi as their preferred brand.
"With an array of devices selling in the Indian market, it is remarkable that Xiaomi has witnessed a whopping 125 percent growth in India and has become the most preferred brand for Android buyers looking for an upgrade in 2017," said Rajeev Nair, Senior Analyst, Strategy Analytics.
Xiaomi India has become the number one selling smartphone brand in the online market, with 29.3 percent share, and the second largest smartphone brand in India with 10.7 percent market share in the fourth quarter of 2016.
"Our phones are built with a vision to make technology innovation affordable to everyone. We do not compromise on our cost to value proposition, our fan engagement or our quality," added Manu Jain, Vice President and Managing Director, Xiaomi India.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2019 | It was Pretty Instinctive: Ashwin on Buttler Run Out
- HAL Rolls Out 16th Tejas LCA Fighter Jet for Indian Air Force as Per Target
- Avengers Endgame: AR Rahman Creates India's Marvel Anthem
- Streaming Services Such as Netflix And Amazon Video Now Have More Subscribers Globally Than Cable TV
- Kesari Weekend Collection: Akshay Kumar's War Drama Banks Close to 80 Cr at Box Office
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s