Take the pledge to vote

For a better tommorow#AajSawaroApnaKal
  • I agree to receive emails from News18

  • I promise to vote in this year's elections no matter what the odds are.
  • Please check above checkbox.

    SUBMIT

Thank you for
taking the pledge

Vote responsibly as each vote counts
and makes a diffrence

Disclaimer:

Issued in public interest by HDFC Life. HDFC Life Insurance Company Limited (Formerly HDFC Standard Life Insurance Company Limited) (“HDFC Life”). CIN: L65110MH2000PLC128245, IRDAI Reg. No. 101 . The name/letters "HDFC" in the name/logo of the company belongs to Housing Development Finance Corporation Limited ("HDFC Limited") and is used by HDFC Life under an agreement entered into with HDFC Limited. ARN EU/04/19/13618
»
1-min read

Xiaomi Mi A1 Reportedly Explodes While Plugged in For Charging

The incident was shared on the MIUI forum by a member who claims his friend’s Xiaomi Mi A1 exploded while charging.

News18.com

Updated:October 3, 2018, 10:37 AM IST
facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp
Xiaomi Mi A1 Reportedly Explodes While Plugged in For Charging
Xiaomi Mi A1 Reportedly Explodes Near Sleeping Owner While Charging (image: @nexsad MIUI forums)
Loading...

As per the recent reports online, a Xiaomi Mi A1 smartphone exploded, as it was being charged, near the owner who was sleeping at the time. It is believed that the Xiaomi Mi A1 was on charging when the explosion happened. As per the images shared online, the rear of the smartphone appears to have completely melted along with the protective case that was on the phone. The owner of the phone was not hurt in the incident. The complainant noted that they found the smartphone in an extremely damaged condition.

The incident was shared on the MIUI forum by a member who claims his friend’s Xiaomi Mi A1 exploded while charging. To support his claims, the member has also posted images showing the damaged Mi A1. The device was a success globally which prompted the launch of the Mi A2 and A2 Lite a couple of months back. This is the first reported case of an explosion of the model.

To recall, a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 smartphone recently spontaneously combusted inside a Long Island, New York woman’s purse. Real estate agent Diane Chung has filed a lawsuit in the Queens Supreme Court after the alleged incident earlier this month. As per a report, she had stopped using her phone when it became ‘too hot’ and kept it inside the purse. Suddenly, she noticed a thick smoke coming out of her bag. Panicked, she threw her bag on the floor and started emptying it. Ms Chung told the New York Post the experience was "traumatic", it ruined everything in her bag and left her unable to contact clients.

Also Read | Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Explodes Inside Woman's Purse: Report

Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.

Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.

| Edited by: ---
Read full article
Loading...
Next Story
Next Story

Also Watch

facebookTwitterskypewhatsapp

Live TV

Loading...
Countdown To Elections Results
To Assembly Elections 2018 Results