Xiaomi Could Launch Redmi 4 on May 16: Here's All You Need to Know
Xiaomi is set to unveil a new smartphone of the Redmi series in the country and it is expected to be the Redmi 4.
. (Image: REUTERS/Kim Kyung-Hoon/File Photo)
The smartphone runs on Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow operating system with MIUI 8 on top of it and is backed up by a 4100mAh battery.
Xiaomi is set to unveil a new smartphone of the Redmi series in the country and it will be the Redmi 4.
Xiaomi has however not revealed elaborate details about the device but speculations are rife that the smartphone will be the Redmi 4.
Xiaomi India vice president Manu Kumar Jain tweeted about the upcoming smartphone: “Announcing the launch of a new Redmi phone! This will be the 2nd BIG announcement of the month ☺️ Coming soon. Stay tuned #PowerInYourHand."
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) May 5, 2017
The company had earlier confirmed that a successor to the Redmi 3S Prime and Redmi 3S is arriving soon.
It is likely that the Redmi 4 will launch really soon in India but it is not clear whether the Redmi 4 Prime will also launch alongside.
In terms of specifications, the Xiaomi Redmi 4 has a 5-inch HD display (720 X 1280) pixels and is powered by an Octa-core Snapdragon 430 chipset.
Xiaomi is also expected to announce its Mi Store in Bengaluru; it will exclusively showcase Xiaomi's products such as accessories, a range of Mi and Redmi smartphones, headphones and batteries.
Recommended For You
- 'Does Netflix Stand for Distribution of 9 Year Old Girls Masturbating?': Parent Group Slams Streaming Giant
- 20 Years On, This is How the Punjabi Boy from Kuch Kuch Hota Hai Looks
- Hyundai India Reveals 1st Design Render of 2018 Santro (AH2) Compact Hatchback
- Lakshmi Mittal's Son-in-Law Takes Over as Chairman of Queens Park Rangers
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber Pre-Bookings Start Tomorrow: Everything You Need to Know