YouTube to Launch Music Subscription Service Next Year: Report
Record label Warner Music Group has already signed on while Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, and Merlin, a consortium of independent labels, are in talks with the video streaming website.
Egypt’s Top Court Orders Temporary Suspension of YouTube Over 2012 Prophet Muhammad Video (photo for representation)
Alphabet's YouTube plans to introduce a paid music streaming service in March, Bloomberg reported on Thursday, citing people familiar with the matter. Record label Warner Music Group has already signed on while Sony Music Entertainment, Universal Music Group, and Merlin, a consortium of independent labels, are in talks with the video streaming website, Bloomberg said.
The service, internally referred to as Remix according to Bloomberg, will compete with similar offerings from Spotify and Apple. Google, another Alphabet unit, introduced Google Play Music, a streaming service, in 2011. YouTube launched ad-free, subscription-based YouTube Red in 2016 featuring exclusive video content from popular creators such as Lilly Singh Michael Stevens.
YouTube was not available for comment outside regular business hours.
Watch: Honor 7X First Impressions Review | Honor Has an Ace up Its Sleeve
Recommended For You
- It is Not Just a Cricket World Cup Match Between India and Pakistan. It is Something More.
- Modified Bajaj Avenger Looks Like a 1247cc Harley Davidson V-Rod - Watch Video
- Weekly Tech Recap: E3 2019, Mi Band 4, Google Pixel 4, London Tech Week and More
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Last Hurrah: Mahindra Thar Signature Edition to Commemorate its First Generation
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s