Wimbledon 2017: Rohan Bopanna Progresses; Sania Mirza Loses
Sania Mirza crashed out of the mixed doubles competition while Rohan Bopanna and his partner entered the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships.
File image of Rohan Bopanna. (Getty Images)
London: Sania Mirza crashed out of the mixed doubles competition while Rohan Bopanna and his partner entered the quarterfinals of the Wimbledon Championships.
Sania and her Croatian partner Ivan Dodig, seeded fourth in the tournament, lost 6-7 4-6 to the defending champions Henri Kontinen of Finland and Heather Watson of United Kingdom in a third round match that lasted 53 minutes.
Bopanna and Gabriela Dabrowski of Canada, seeded 10th, got the better of the Croatian pair of Nikola Mektic and Ana Konjuh 7-6 6-2 in a 59-minute third round match and advanced to the last eight stage of the tournament.
Bopanna and Dabrowski will face the duo of Kontinen and Watson in the quarterfinals.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Asim Riaz-Sidharth Shukla Get Into Ugly Fight, Former Says 'Aankhein Noch Dunga'
- Saif Ali Khan Trolled for Saying 'Don’t Think There Was a Concept of India Till the British Gave it One'
- David Dhawan on Rumours of Varun-Natasha's Goa Wedding, 'Every Week I'm Told When He's Getting Married'
- Brad Pitt's Joke On Quentin Tarantino's Foot Fetish and Tinder Profile is Basically All of Us
- Understanding the 3 Types of Airplane Engines - Turbojet, Turboprop and Tubofan