WhatsApp Brings Support For Touch ID, Face ID on iPhones
You can now secure your WhatsApp chats using Touch ID or Face ID on your iPhones.
Aiming to keep its messages on iPhones safe from prying eyes, Facebook-owned messaging app WhatsApp on Tuesday introduced Touch ID and Face ID functionality on the devices.
"At WhatsApp, we care deeply about private messaging and today, we're excited to introduce Touch ID and Face ID on iPhone to help prevent someone from taking your phone and reading your messages," the company said in a statement.
To enable the feature in WhatsApp, iPhone users need to go to the settings, account, privacy and then screen lock and turn on Touch ID or Face ID.
You have the option to select the amount of time before Touch ID or Face ID is prompted after WhatsApp is closed, the company added.
The privacy feature has been rolled out for users of iPhone 5s and later models and on iOS 9 OS and above.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Bigg Boss 13: Mouni Roy Shares Romantic Moment with Salman Khan, Dances to Odhni Song
- Water Baby Kim Sharma Sets the Temperature Soaring on Instagram, See Here
- War Box Office: Hrithik Roshan, Tiger Shroff Join Rs 300 Crore Club as Film Hits Triple Century
- Reliance Jio All-In-One Plans Start at Rs 222 Which Includes Bundled Non-Jio Calls
- OnePlus TVs Will Get The Netflix App Soon, But We Don’t Know Exactly When