1 killed, 10 Injured in Blast in Pakistan's Quetta
The explosion in the provincial capital Quetta occurred when people were assembling for prayers near the mosque.
Pakistani security personnel cordon off a damaged police van (Representational Photo: AP)
Karachi: A bomb blast tore through a market near a mosque in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province on Monday, killing one policeman, officials said.
The explosion in the provincial capital Quetta occurred when people were assembling for prayers near the mosque. One policeman was killed and 10 people were injured, officials said. Security forces cordoned off the area.
The attack came two days after a terrorist attack on a luxury hotel in the coastal town of Gwadar in which five people were killed while security forces gunned down the three terrorists who stormed the facility.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Netizens Troll Sonakshi Sinha After She Fails to Answer Simple Ramayan Question on KBC 11
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7 Get OxygenOS 10 Based on Android 10 Update
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough