1 Missing, 6 Injured in Landslides in China
One person was listed missing and six others were injured in two landslides in southwest China's Yunnan Province.
(Image only for representational purpose)
Beijing: One person was listed missing and six others were injured in two landslides in southwest China's Yunnan Province.
Torrential rains triggered two landslides in the Yuanmou County in northern Yunnan yesterday.
A quake lake was formed along the Longchuan River in the upper reaches of the Jinsha River, state-run Xinhua news agency reported.
Roughly 1.26 million cubic metres of debris moved down the mountains nearby, forming a six-metre-deep lake, measuring 700 metres long and 300 metres wide.
The lake put the lives of more than 8,000 people living downstream in danger, Chuxiong prefecture government said in a statement.
The residents were relocated yesterday.
The downpours also destroyed a 300-metre section of the Chengdu-Kunming Railway, and rail service will be suspended for the next five to six days, Kunming Railway Bureau said.
Repairs are currently underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Why Dyson Air Purifiers Are Smarter Than Most: Better Filters And Smarter Testing
- I-League Clubs to be in ISL as AFC-AIFF Decide on Single League Roadmap
- Reliance Jio Says India’s Monthly Data Usage is More Than 9GB Per Subscriber
- Bigg Boss 13 Day 14 Written Update: Salman Khan Eliminates Koena Mitra on Weekend Ka Vaar
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz