15 Dead, 58 Injured as Two Trains Collide in Bangladesh, Probe on
Three coaches were sent tumbling off the tracks at Mondolbhag station in the town of Kasba when a Dhaka-bound intercity train and a locomotive bound for Chittagong collided.
Atleast 10 people were killed and 58 injured as two trains collided in Bangladesh on Monday. (Image : Twitter)
Dhaka: At least 15 people were killed and 58 others injured when two trains collided in eastern Bangladesh early Tuesday, police said.
Three coaches were sent tumbling off the tracks at Mondolbhag station in the town of Kasba when a Dhaka-bound intercity train and a locomotive bound for Chittagong collided. "At least 15 people have been killed. And another 58 were injured. We have sent the injured to different hospitals in the region," local police chief Anisur Rahman told AFP.
He said train services out of Dhaka had been halted after the accident. The circumstances surrounding the accident were under investigation, a railway official told reporters.
"We are still conducting a rescue operation," he said, adding that faulty signalling could have been to blame. Train accidents are common in Bangladesh and are often caused by poor signalling or other rundown infrastructure.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Rani Mukerji Says Mardaani 2 to Release Without Promotional Songs
- Cristiano Ronaldo Rages on Pitch Invaders After Scoring in Juventus' Champions League Win
- Avengers Endgame to Game of Thrones to Billy Porter, Here are Most Googled Searches in Entertainment
- Love Has 'Nose' Limits: Picture Of Two-Toed Sloths 'Taking It Slow' Goes Viral
- India vs West Indies | Virat Kohli Screamer Lights Up Gloomy Day for Fielders