15 Killed in Terrorist Attack in Northern Burkina Faso
'The lifeless bodies of 11 people were found on Sunday morning on the road from Pobe-Mengao to Petelbongo, probably the bodies of those abducted the day before in Pobe-Mengao by an armed terrorist group,' a security source said.
Image for representation.
Ouagadougou: Fifteen civilians were killed in northern Burkina Faso over the weekend, security and local sources said Monday, in the latest deadly attack as the impoverished West African country battles a jihadist revolt.
"The lifeless bodies of 11 people were found on Sunday morning on the road from Pobe-Mengao to Petelbongo... probably the bodies of those abducted the day before in Pobe-Mengao by an armed terrorist group," a security source said.
Four more bodies were found later, said a local source in the northern town of Djibo, 25 kilometres (15 miles) away from Pobe-Mengao.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Free the Nipple: Giant Breast Pops Up Outside Facebook HQ in Protest of Excessive Policing
- Deepika Padukone’s Witty Response to Fan Saying ‘I love you’ to Ranveer Singh Goes Viral
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Lionel Messi Told Me to Shut My Mouth, Alleges Brazil Coach Tite But Argentine Star Has the Last Laugh
- UP Power Minister Gets Prepaid Electricity Meter at Home to Set Example for Other Politicians