16 Killed After Taliban Destroys Army Base in Afghanistan
The Taliban claimed the attack and said they seized ammunition from the base. The Taliban carry out near-daily attacks, mainly targeting Afghan security forces at rural outposts.
Image for Representation: Reuters
Kabul: Afghan officials say the Taliban have attacked a small army base, killing 12 members of the security forces and leaving behind explosives that killed four tribal elders who had come to help collect the bodies.
Safder Mohsini, head of the provincial council in the northern Baghlan province, says the insurgents abducted two soldiers and wounded three others in the attack, which began late on Saturday.
He says the militants burned down the base before planting bombs around it.
The Taliban claimed the attack and said they seized ammunition from the base.
The Taliban carry out near-daily attacks, mainly targeting Afghan security forces at rural outposts.
Seventeen years after the US-led invasion, the insurgents control nearly half the country.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Sanjay Kapoor Trolls Malaika Arora on New 'Saturday Blues' Instagram Post
- Shraddha Arya Suffers Head Injury While Performing on Nach Baliye 9, Actress Momentarily Blacks Out
- Flipkart Begins Roll-out of Video Service: Here is Everything You Need to Know
- Ashes 2019: Steve Smith Returns to Bat After Nasty Blow to the Neck
- Instagram Users Can Report False Content And Expect Fact Checkers to Verify it