16 Killed in Bus Crash on Italian Highway, Children on Board
A bus carrying Hungarian teenagers crashed and caught fire on a motorway in northern Italy, killing 16 people, firefighters said Saturday.
Representative Image/ AP Photo
Rome: A bus carrying Hungarian teenagers crashed and caught fire on a motorway in northern Italy, killing 16 people, firefighters said Saturday.
Some 36 injured were taken to hospital following the accident near Verona on Friday night, which occurred when the vehicle struck a pylon and burst into flames, according to emergency workers.
The French bus driver, together with his family, could be among the victims, Italian news agency Agi said.
The bus was carrying around 50 passengers, most of whom were Hungarians aged between 16 and 18, firefighters said.
Agi also reported that the bus was returning from a school trip to France.
Police are awaiting the go-ahead from the prosecutor to analyse the charred remains of the bus.
Recommended For You
- Period. End of Sentence: Hope the Oscar Nomination Leads to More Awareness and Donations, Says Guneet Monga
- 'I Condemn Pulwama Attack': Pakistani Women Say #NoToWar By Launching #AntiHateChallenge
- Malaika Arora Opens Up on Divorce from Arbaaz Khan: We were Making Each Other Extremely Unhappy
- Noida Robbers Get a Taste of Their Own Medicine After Falling From Bike With Stolen Cash
- PM Narendra Modi Pushes Green Mobility in India: Electric Train, Buses and EV Policy for Cars
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s