3 Children, Woman Found Dead in West Michigan Shooting
Kent County Sheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young said that the three children were elementary school-aged.
Representative Image of a crime scene.
Michigan: Authorities say three children and a woman were found dead of apparent gunshot wounds at a home in western Michigan.
Kent County Sheriff Michelle LaJoye-Young says authorities responded on Monday to a property near Cedar Springs, a community about 30 miles (48 kilometers) north of Grand Rapids. She says someone discovered the bodies and called 911.
LaJoye-Young said the three children were elementary school-aged and younger but declined to provide further information about the victims' relationships to one another. She said authorities were still confirming the victims' identities.
LaJoye-Young called the scene "a horrific thing to be called to" and said "my heart goes out to the families involved here and the community."
Authorities don't believe there is a shooter at large. An investigation is ongoing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Malaika Arora Poses in Black Sequin Jumpsuit, Sizzles Like Star Girl Even at 45
- Post #MeToo, 19% Men Don't Want to Hire 'Attractive' Women, Reveals Survey
- Climate Change Not Asteroid Strike Killed Dinosaurs, Says New Study
- Nach Baliye 9: Raveena Tandon Confronts Shantanu Maheshwari Over Claims of Bias
- Russian Goalkeeper Saveli Kononov Gets AK-47 for his Man of the Match Performance