3 Killed, 6 Injured in Train Blast in Pakistan's Balochistan Province
The attackers planted an improvised explosive device at the railway track in Balochistan's Dera Murad Jamali area to target Jaffar Express coming from Rawalpindi to Quetta.
Image for representation. (Photo: Reuters)
Karachi: A blast targeting a passenger train killed three people and injured six others in Pakistan's restive Balochistan province on Sunday, according to a media report.
The attackers planted an improvised explosive device at the railway track in Balochistan's Dera Murad Jamali area to target Jaffar Express coming from Rawalpindi to Quetta, District Police Officer Irfan Bashir told the Dawn News.
As the passenger train reached Dera Murad Jamali, there was a huge blast, killing three people, he said.
The injured were shifted to a nearby hospital for medical treatment.
Police and personnel of other law enforcement agencies reached the spot as an investigation into the incident were underway.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor, Taimur Forget Way to Pataudi Palace, Locals Catch Them for Selfies
- Priyanka Chopra Plans the Perfect Birthday Outing for Nick Jonas
- Your iPhone is Going to Change Today With iOS 13, And Here is What You Will Get
- Cristiano Ronaldo Says Sex with Girlfriend is Better Than his Best Goal
- OnePlus 7T With Round Triple-Camera Module Revealed in Official Press Image