6 Killed, 18 Injured as Wall Collapses Amid Independence Day Celebrations in Northern Pakistan
The incident occurred at a helipad in Gilgit-Baltistan where an event under the supervision of the Pakistan Army was underway to mark the country's 73rd Independence Day.
Image for Representative purposes only.
Peshawar: At least five people died and 18 others injured on Wednesday after a wall collapsed amid Independence Day celebrations in northern Pakistan, officials said.
The incident occurred at an helipad in Gilgit-Baltistan where an event under the supervision of the Pakistan Army was underway to mark the country's 73rd Independence Day, they said.
At least five people were killed and 18 others injured after a wall of the helipad compound suddenly collapsed, the officials said, adding that the injured have been shifted to combined military hospital in Gilgit.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- 'TB Survivor' Amitabh Bachchan: 75 Percent of My Liver is Gone, Still Surviving on 25 Percent
- Saina Nehwal, Kidambi Srikanth Post Contrasting Wins at World Badminton Championships
- Will You Have to Link Your Aadhaar With Facebook, WhatsApp And Twitter Accounts?
- Maruti Suzuki XL6 to Launch Today, Watch it Live Here [Video]
- New Zealand Cricketers Satterthwaite & Tahuhu Announce Pregnancy