88-Year-Old Woman Stops Rape by Claiming to be HIV-Positive
An 88-year-old Pennsylvania woman says she talked an attacker out of raping her by lying to him that she was HIV-positive.
Parksburg: An 88-year-old Pennsylvania woman says she talked an attacker out of raping her by lying to him that she was HIV-positive.
Helen Reynolds tells WPVI-TV the man forced his way into her Parkesburg apartment on the afternoon of Feb. 17. He rifled through her purse, took $40 and was preparing to sexually assault her.
She says he stopped after she told him her husband died of HIV and she also had the virus. She tells Philly.com she "kicked him where it hurt him the most" before he fled.
No arrests have been made.
The robbery is unrelated to another attack in Chester County last month.
In that case, a 72-year-old woman was bound and locked inside a closet, where she wasn't discovered for four days.
A 17-year-old boy is charged.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Sharks, Tuna and Other Large Fish May Soon Be Extinct As The Ocean Runs Out of Oxygen
- Ranbir Kapoor's Badtameez Dil Gets Sara Ali Khan Grooving, Watch Video
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Box Office Day 2: Kartik-Ananya's Film Earns Rs 21.43 Cr
- Sonakshi Sinha's Befitting Reply to Troll Calling Her 'Salman Khan Ki Chamchi'
- Apple iPhone in 2021 Might Launch Without Any Ports: Analysts