Afghan Journalist Mena Mangal Shot Dead by Unidentified Gunmen in Kabul
Mangal, who had worked as a news presenter for three local TV networks, was attacked by the gunmen on Saturday morning.
File photo of Mina Mangal.
Kabul: An Afghan official says that unidentified gunmen have shot and killed a journalist and adviser to the country's parliament in the capital Kabul.
Nasrat Rahimi, a spokesman for the interior ministry, says that Mena Mangal, a cultural adviser for the lower house of the parliament and former TV presenter, was killed when she was on her way to work Saturday morning.
Rahimi said one or possibly more assailants escaped from the scene. Kabul police have launched an investigation.
No one immediately claimed responsibility for the attack.
Kabul police say that it is not clear whether the murder was a terror act or the result of a personal dispute.
Both Islamic State group and Taliban militants regularly carry out attacks in the capital.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Bhindi,' Coconut, 'Hing' and Raw Turmeric: Chefs Reveal Their Most Hated Ingredients
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Rashami Desai to Marry Boyfriend Arhaan Khan Inside Bigg Boss 13 House: Report
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships