At Least 1 Killed, 8 Injured in Bomb Blast in Downtown Kabul: Afghan Official
An explosion in Kabul on Monday killed one person and wounded at least eight people, an Afghan official said.
An Afghan woman reacts after a suicide attack in Kabul on Monday, March 13, 2017. (Photo: AP/Rahmat Gul)
Kabul (Afghanistan): An explosion in downtown Kabul on Monday killed one person and wounded at least eight people, an Afghan official said.
Interior Ministry spokesman Sediq Seddiqi said the explosion did not appear to have been a suicide attack.
Deputy ministry spokesman Najib Danish said the blast appeared to have targeted a minibus carrying a group of employees.
No group has claimed responsibility for the attack, but the Islamic State group has launched multiple recent attacks in Kabul — including the storming of a military hospital last week in which more than 30 people were killed.
Elsewhere, in the southern province of Helmand, 32 people — including four members of the security forces — were freed following a raid on a Taliban-prison. Mohammad Rasoul Zazia, the military spokesman for Helmand, said the raid took place Sunday night in the Nad Ali district.
A Taliban spokesman, Qari Yusouf Ahmadi, confirmed the raid, but said that all 32 prisoners were drug addicts.
The Taliban have expanded their footprint in Helmand recently, and the province has witnessed some of the heaviest clashes between militants and security forces.
Recommended For You
- The 10 Year Challenge on Facebook: Intelligent Algorithms Aside, Are we The Product, Again?
- Rakul Preet Singh Gives Befitting Reply to Online Hater Who Slut-shamed Her for Her Outfit
- Volkswagen Says Cars Compliant With India Emission Norms but Will Pay NGT-Slapped 100 Crore Penalty
- Delhi Bride Gets Shot During Ceremony, Returns From Hospital To Continue Wedding Rituals
- After #10YearChallenge, BJP Throws Open #5YearChallenge to Show 'Modi-Era Progress'
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s