At Least 21 Killed, 30 Injured After Tour Bus Crashes, Rolls Over and Catches Fire in Mexico
Mexican officials say a tour bus and a semi-trailer collided after which the bus rolled over and caught fire.
Rescue personnel work in the recovery efforts at a deadly road accident between a bus and a semi-trailer, on a mountain road in Veracruz state, Mexico, Wednesday, May 29, 2019. (Civil Protection Office of Veracruz via AP)
Xalapa: A tour bus and a semi-trailer collided on Wednesday on a mountain road in the Mexican state of Veracruz, and the bus rolled over and caught fire, killing at least 21 people and injuring 30, officials said.
Roberto Hernández, the civil defense director for Nogales township, said the bus turned onto one side and the ground blocked its exit doors.
Initial reports said 20 people were killed, but state civil defense director Guadalupe Osorno said one injured person died later.
Authorities said both vehicles were westbound when they apparently collided in a mountainous area known as Cumbres de Maltrata. Both caught fire.
In April 2006, a bus carrying religious pilgrims in the same area ran off the highway and tumbled down a steep ravine, killing 65 people.
Recommended For You
- WATCH | Kapil Dev Recollects His Knock of 175 Against Zimbabwe
- Angelina Jolie And Keanu Reeves Dating, Claim Reports
- Not Your or Rest of World’s Business: Sania Mirza, Veena Mallik Engage in Twitter Spat Post India's Win Over Pakistan
- OnePlus 7 Pro 5G Belatedly Gets the Oxygen OS 9.5.4 Update With Bug Fixes And Improvements
- Would You Like to Watch Adverts on Netflix And Hotstar? Some Will, if it Reduces Subscription Cost
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s