At Least 47 killed in Madagascar Wedding Crash, Says Police
A truck carrying a wedding party and guests veered off the road and plunged into a river in Madagascar on Saturday, police said.
Image for representation only.
Antananarivo: At least 47 people, including 10 children and a newly-wed couple, were killed when a truck carrying a wedding party and guests veered off the road and plunged into a river in Madagascar, police said on Sunday.
Police said the accident occured on Saturday outside the town of Anjozorobe, around 90 kilometres from the capital. The truck was transporting passengers who had attended a wedding the day before.
There were "a total of 47 deaths, including 10 children" and the newly-wedded couple, police spokesman Herilala Andrianatisaona told AFP. Twenty-two others were injured.
Recommended For You
- Facebook Stored Millions of User Account Passwords in Plain Text, Which Its Own Employees Could Also Read
- Kesari Movie Review: Akshay Kumar Plays a Fearless Warrior with Remarkable Zeal
- From Madhuri Dixit to Priyanka Chopra, Here’s What Your Favourite Celebs Did This Holi
- England, India Favourites but Competition in World Cup Will be Tight: McGrath
- Thanos aka Josh Brolin Says Happy Holi on Instagram, Gets Love From Indian Fans
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s