At Least 47 killed in Madagascar Wedding Crash, Says Police
A truck carrying a wedding party and guests veered off the road and plunged into a river in Madagascar on Saturday, police said.
Image for representation only.
Antananarivo: At least 47 people, including 10 children and a newly-wed couple, were killed when a truck carrying a wedding party and guests veered off the road and plunged into a river in Madagascar, police said on Sunday.
Police said the accident occured on Saturday outside the town of Anjozorobe, around 90 kilometres from the capital. The truck was transporting passengers who had attended a wedding the day before.
There were "a total of 47 deaths, including 10 children" and the newly-wedded couple, police spokesman Herilala Andrianatisaona told AFP. Twenty-two others were injured.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- Everyone's Called it 'Rumour', but the Internet Still Wants to Know 'Is MS Dhoni Retiring?'
- Rajinikanth, Akshay Kumar's 2.0 Flops in China But Bollywood Can Avoid the Mistake
- The Largest Flying Dinosaur Was the Size of a Plane, Find Scientists
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws