Attorney General of Ethiopia's Amhara State Succumbs to Wounds in 'Regional Coup', Says Local Media
State broadcaster EBC reported that the top prosecutor Migbaru Kebede had died from gunshot injuries after Saturday's attack, which the government has described as an attempted coup in the region.
Ethiopia's government foiled a coup attempt in a region north of the capital. (AP)
Addis Ababa: The attorney general of Amhara state in northern Ethiopia has died after a coup bid, which also saw the region's president and his advisor killed, while the national army chief was shot in a separate attack in Addis, state media said Monday.
State broadcaster EBC reported that top prosecutor Migbaru Kebede had died from gunshot injuries after Saturday's attack, which the government has described as an attempted coup in the region.
In a separate attack, which the government said appears linked to the Amhara incident — although it is not clear how or with what motive — the country's army chief Seare Mekonnen was killed by his bodyguard in his Addis Ababa home.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Reliance Jio Diwali Offer: Here's How to Gift a JioPhone This Festive Season For Rs 699
- Manchester United vs Liverpool: Adam Lallana Scores Late to Salvage 1-1 Draw for Liverpool
- Bose Frames Review: Music And More, These Are Not Your Standard Sunglasses
- Trailers This Week: Robert Downey Jr, Tom Holland Reunite for Dolittle, Anurag Kashyap Unveils India’s First Spaceship Sci-fi
- Woman Wears Clothes Weighing 2.5 Kilo to Avoid Paying Excess Baggage Fee at Airport