Aung San Suu Kyi to Lead Myanmar Defence in ICJ's Rohingya Genocide Case
Aung San Suu Kyi will lead a team to The Hague, Netherlands, to defend the national interest of Myanmar, according to a statement posted on the Facebook page of her office.
File photo of Myanmar's State Counsellor Aung San Suu Kyi. (Photo: REUTERS)
Yangon: Myanmar's civilian leader Aung San Suu Kyi will head up a delegation to the UN's top court to counter a case accusing the mainly Buddhist state of genocide against its Rohingya Muslims, the government said Wednesday.
The State Counsellor will "lead a team to The Hague, Netherlands, to defend the national interest of Myanmar," according to a statement posted on the Facebook page of her office.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Pati Patni Aur Woh Movie Review: Kartik-Bhumi-Ananya Promise Plenty Laughs
- Vikas Gupta Confirms Entry in Bigg Boss 13 with New Instagram Post?
- Data Protection Law Gets Closer to Reality With Stiff Penalties for Data Leaks And Breaches
- India vs West Indies | Our Responsibility is to Support Rishabh Pant: Virat Kohli
- I-League 2019-20: NEROCA FC Host Northeast Rivals Aizawl FC in First Home Game