Australia Couple Falls to Death While Taking Selfie in Portugal
Everything seems to indicate that the fall happened when they were probably trying to take a selfie," Rui Pereira da Terra, head of the rescue service in Cascais port near Lisbon.
Picture for representational purpose only.
Lisbon: An Australian couple fell to their death from a wall overlooking a popular tourist beach in Portugal, apparently losing their balance after taking a selfie.
"Everything seems to indicate that the fall happened when they were probably trying to take a selfie," Rui Pereira da Terra, head of the rescue service in Cascais port near Lisbon, a port official said Tuesday.
"It seems they dropped their mobile phone and fell down while leaning over to retrieve it," he added.
The fatal accident happened in the coastal town of Ericeira, a popular surfing spot 30 kilometres (18 miles) from the Portuguese capital.
The beach is ringed by cliffs and a 40-metre high wall.
It was not the first time that tourists had fallen off the wall.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Subscribe to Moneycontrol Pro and gain access to curated markets data, trading recommendations, equity analysis, investment ideas, insights from market gurus and much more. Get Moneycontrol PRO for 1 year at price of 3 months. Use code FREEDOM.
Recommended For You
- Not Subscribed to YouTube Premium? No Stress, Because Originals Will Soon be Free
- Maruti Suzuki Can't Afford to Discontinue Diesel Cars in India – Here’s Why
- Labuschagne Replaces Smith to Become First Like-for-like Substitution in Cricket
- Weekly Tech Recap: Realme 5 Series Launch, Reliance Jio Fiber, PUBG Mobile 0.14.0 Update and More
- Instead of Putting Unsold Stuff in a Garbage Dump, Amazon Will Donate it Instead