Balloon Gas Cylinder Blast Kills Five Children in Bangladesh
All the five children, aged between seven and 14, died on the spot when the cylinder exploded on a narrow street.
Image for representation. (REUTERS)
Dhaka: At least five children were killed and 17 others injured when a balloon vendor's gas cylinder exploded in Dhaka on Wednesday.
The vendor was inflating balloons using a gas cylinder placed on a van in a slum area near the capital's Rupnagar when the cylinder exploded, police said.
All the five children, aged between seven and 14, died on the spot when the cylinder exploded on a narrow street, police said.
"The van was surrounded by a lot of people, some of them were buying balloons, when the cylinder suddenly exploded. Most of the dead and wounded are residents of an adjacent slum, a senior police official said.
The injured have been admitted to Dhaka Medical College Hospital (DMCH)and two them are stated to be in critical condition.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Kim Kardashian Meets Rodney Reed After Texas Court Stays His Execution
- Enjoying Retired Life, Don't Want to Play Throughout Year: Yuvraj Singh
- Jawa Perak Bobber Launched in India at Rs 1.95 Lakh, Gets BS-VI Engine
- TV Actress Accuses Jr Artist of Rape, Sidharth-Devoleena's Fight Take Romantic Turn in Bigg Boss 13
- Italian Council Floods Minutes After Rejecting Steps to Combat Climate Change