Bill Gates Again World's Richest Man; Donald Trump Slips
Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates once again topped the Forbes magazine list of the world's richest billionaires, while US President Donald Trump slipped more than 200 spots, the magazine said on Monday.
Bill Gates, whose wealth is estimated at USD 86 billion, led the list for the fourth straight year.
New York: Microsoft co-founder Bill Gates once again topped the Forbes magazine list of the world's richest billionaires, while US President Donald Trump slipped more than 200 spots, the magazine said on Monday.
Others in the top 10 included Amazon founder Jeff Bezos at number three, Facebook creator Mark Zuckerberg at number five and Oracle co-founder Larry Ellison at number seven.
The global billionaire population jumped 13 per cent from last year to 2,043, the biggest annual increase in the 31 years since the magazine began compiling the list, Forbes said.
The US led countries with the most billionaires with 565, a product of the swelling value of the American stock market since Trump's November 2016 election.
China was second with 319 billionaires, and Germany was third with 114.
"Forty per cent of Donald Trump's fortune is tied up in Trump Tower and eight buildings within one mile of it," Forbes said. "Lately, the neighborhood has been struggling (relatively speaking)."
This year it took at least USD 3.7 billion in wealth to make it onto the list, but only in a tie for 501th place, a group that included Hollywood director Steven Spielberg.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Thanks Tendulkar For Writing His Profile in Time's 100 Most Influential People List
- How Ad Targeting Works on Facebook: Who All Have Access To Your Data?
- Nanu Ki Jaanu Movie Review: Abhay Deol-Patralekha Starrer Is A Major Eye-Roll Fest
- Lamborghini Huracan Performante Worth Rs 3.76 Crore Home Delivery in Hyderabad - Watch Video
- CJI Impeachment: Can the Chief Justice of India Be Impeached?