Boris Johnson Says 'Of Course' Will Stand For United Kingdom's Next Prime Minister
Speaking at a conference in Switzerland hours after May said she would leave next month, Johnson paid tribute to May, saying she was 'patient and stoical' facing all the difficulties around the country's departure from the bloc.
File picture of Boris Johnson. (REUTERS)
Interlacken: British lawmaker and leading Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson said "of course" he will stand to be the next prime minister after Theresa May announced her resignation.
Speaking at a conference in Switzerland hours after May said she would leave next month, Johnson paid tribute to May, saying she was "patient and stoical" facing all the difficulties around the country's departure from the bloc.
The next British prime minister can also revive stalled talks with the EU over an exit deal, Johnson said. "A new leader will have the opportunity to do things differently and have the momentum of a new administration," he said.
Recommended For You
- Leonardo DiCaprio Draws Attention to Chennai Water Crisis, Kabir Singh Crosses Rs 100 Cr Mark
- Please Don't Bully Me, Says Lexi Rabe Who Played Tony Stark's Daughter in Avengers Endgame
- Happy Birthday Ariana Grande : 5 Times the Singer's Pictures were Aesthetically Pleasing
- Divorced Man Ties ‘Cursed’ Wedding Ring to Fish, Says Life Has Been Great Since
- Cannot Wait for Dark Mode on WhatsApp? Here is How to Enable it on Android and iOS
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s