Boris Johnson Says 'Of Course' Will Stand For United Kingdom's Next Prime Minister
Speaking at a conference in Switzerland hours after May said she would leave next month, Johnson paid tribute to May, saying she was 'patient and stoical' facing all the difficulties around the country's departure from the bloc.
File picture of Boris Johnson. (REUTERS)
Interlacken: British lawmaker and leading Brexit campaigner Boris Johnson said "of course" he will stand to be the next prime minister after Theresa May announced her resignation.
Speaking at a conference in Switzerland hours after May said she would leave next month, Johnson paid tribute to May, saying she was "patient and stoical" facing all the difficulties around the country's departure from the bloc.
The next British prime minister can also revive stalled talks with the EU over an exit deal, Johnson said. "A new leader will have the opportunity to do things differently and have the momentum of a new administration," he said.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- 'Such a Cute Ma Sita': People Can't Get Enough of Little Girl Dancing to Drum Beats
- 15-year-old Coco Gauff Beat Jelena Ostapenko to Win First WTA Title at Linz
- Dalljiet Kaur First Contestant to be Evicted from Bigg Boss 13
- Facebook Friends Who Met for the First Time During Durga Puja Get Married in 4 Hours
- OnePlus 7T Pro, 7T Pro McLaren Edition Unveiled: Price, Specs, Launch Date and More