Brazil's Jair Bolsonaro Says He Will Stop Using French Bic Pens After Spat With Prez Macron Over Amazon Fires
Jair Bolsonaro and Emmanuel Macron have had a series of clashes since the latter suggested that fires in the Amazon were an 'international crisis' which the Bolsonaro said undermined Brazil's sovereignty.
File photo of Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro. (Reuters).
Rio de Janeiro: Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro has said he won't use pens made by French company Bic following his spat with President Emmanuel Macron over fires in the Amazon. Bolsonaro said Friday he would sign presidential pardons for imprisoned police officers using Brazilian pen-maker Compactor.
"No more Bic," said the far-right president who has faced international criticism over devastating fires in Brazil's Amazon region. Bic headquarters declined to comment on Saturday, saying only that Bic pens sold in Brazil are made in a factory in Manaus in the Amazon.
On Thursday, Bolsonaro said he would "use Compactor pens, not Bic... because Bic is French." Bolsonaro and Marcon have had a series of clashes since Macron suggested that fires in the Amazon were an "international crisis," which Bolsonaro said undermined Brazil's sovereignty.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Delhi Cab Drivers Carry Condoms in First-Aid Box and it's Not Just for Safe Sex
- Netizens Compare Virat Kohli's Hairstyle in Throwback Picture with Salman Khan's Tere Naam Hairdo
- Pankaj Tripathi Shares Emotional Incident When He Stole His 'Guru' Manoj Bajpayee's Slippers
- Deepak Punia Books Tokyo Olympics Quota After Entering Semis at World Wrestling Championships
- Sony Bravia A9G OLED Master Series Review: The TV to Buy If You Are Rich Enough