Britain's Theresa May Confirms She Will Quit Before 2022 Election
The UK Prime Minister said she sees no 'immediate breakthrough'on Brexit deal at EU summit.
File photo of Theresa May.(AP)
Brussels: British Prime Minister Theresa May warned she expects no "immediate breakthrough" on her Brexit deal at Thursday's EU summit Thursday and confirmed she would step down before the 2022 general election.
"I don't expect an immediate breakthrough but what I do hope is that we can start to work as quickly as possible on the assurances that are necessary," she said on arrival for talks with the 27 other EU leaders to try to find a way to make the controversial deal palatable to the British parliament.
Recommended For You
- Net Bowler Hit on Head By Warner Shot Receives Signed Australian Jersey
- Ahead of India Vs Pakistan Clash in the ICC World Cup 2019, Bollywood Memes Are a Hit
- Malaika Arora Strikes a Never-seen-before Pilates Pose, Fans Ask How it is Done
- Meet the Sufi Singer Who Wants to Mix Rap with Her Music
- #FactCheck: Did Super Mario Creator Really Tweet Picture of Mario and Luigi Kissing?
- 01 d
- 12 h
- 38 m
- 09 s