Britain's Theresa May Confirms She Will Quit Before 2022 Election
The UK Prime Minister said she sees no 'immediate breakthrough'on Brexit deal at EU summit.
File photo of Theresa May.(AP)
Brussels: British Prime Minister Theresa May warned she expects no "immediate breakthrough" on her Brexit deal at Thursday's EU summit Thursday and confirmed she would step down before the 2022 general election.
"I don't expect an immediate breakthrough but what I do hope is that we can start to work as quickly as possible on the assurances that are necessary," she said on arrival for talks with the 27 other EU leaders to try to find a way to make the controversial deal palatable to the British parliament.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Wish Each Other Happy Anniversary
- Amitabh Bachchan, Sonakshi Sinha's Accounts are the Most Tweeted About in 2019
- Napoli Sack Carlo Ancelotti After Reaching Last 16 of UEFA Champions League
- Drag Shows, Books and Films: India's Queer Community Comes Together for First Rainbow Lit Fest
- 'A Huge Day' - Pakistan Welcome Sri Lanka for First Test Tour Since 2009 Terror Attack