Can We Come Back or What!: Flight Returns as Woman Forgets Baby at Jeddah Airport
The bizarre incident left the airport authorities grappling to establish a protocol for the situation.
Image for representation.
A Kuala Lumpur-bound flight from Jeddah airport was forced to return to the King Abdul Aziz International Airport after a mother realised that she had forgotten her baby in the terminal’s waiting area.
The bizarre incident left the airport authorities grappling to establish a protocol for the situation, though flights do return in cases of medical emergency.
"This flight is requesting to come back…a passenger forgot her baby in the waiting area, the poor thing. May God be with us. Can we come back or what?" the pilot can be heard as saying to air traffic controller in a video which has since gone viral, the ANI reported.
The flight operator can then be heard asking the colleagues about the protocol, before confirming the reason for turning back.
"We told you, a passenger left her baby in the terminal and refuses to continue the flight," the pilot says. The operator cleared the flight to return, exclaiming, "Ok, head back to the gate. This is totally a new one for us!"
The mother and the child were reunited soon after, but there was no further information about them.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Apple iPhone 11 Pro Max Review: More Than Anything Else, The Camera is Truly Pro
- Avengers: Endgame Director Says Cancelling Spider Man Deal was Sony's 'Tragic Mistake'
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4X 65-inch Launched Alongside Mi TV 4X 50-inch, 4X 43-inch and 4A 40-inch
- Swanky Cars, Snazzy Hairstyles and Tattoos: The New Lifestyles of India's Kabbadi Millionaires
- Tamil Nadu's New EV Policy Seeks Full Road Tax Exemption for Electric Vehicles Until 2022