Seats (2018) 59/59 seats
Andhra Pradesh3/3 seats
Himachal Pradesh1/1 seats
Madhya Pradesh5/5 seats
Uttar Pradesh10/10 seats
West Bengal5/5 seats
Total Strength: 245
Canadian Scientists Set Guinness Record By Creating Smallest National Flag
The flag is invisible without the aid of an electron microscope.
(Photo: Youtube/ Institute for Quantum Computing)
Canadian scientists have a set a world record for creating a tiny national flag measuring about one-hundredth the width of a human hair, ahead of the country's 150th anniversary next year.
Guinness World Records granted the inaugural award for smallest national flag to the Institute for Quantum Computing (IQC) at the University of Waterloo in Canada for the flag measuring 1.178 micrometres in length. It is invisible without the aid of an electron microscope.
Nathan Nelson-Fitzpatrick, nanofabrication process engineer at IQC and Natalie Prislinger Pinchin, a student from the Faculty of Engineering created the flag on a silicon wafer bearing the official logo of the Canada 150 celebrations using an electron beam lithography system.
"The future of Canadian technology is firmly set in the quantum world and at the nano-scale, so what better way to celebrate the lead up to 2017 than with a record-setting, nano-scale national flag," said Tobi Day-Hamilton, associate director of communications and strategic initiatives at IQC.
Recommended For You
- Afghanistan Beat Ireland to Qualify for ICC World Cup 2019
- Morne Morkel Becomes Fifth South African Bowler to Scale Peak 300
- Zaheer Khan, Sagarika Ghatge Reveal Their Untold Moments of Love in This Candid Video
- Facebook Sells Your Data: Former Cambridge Analytica VP
- Xiaomi Mi TV 4, Mi TV 4A Flash Sale on Mi.com, Flipkart at 12 pm Today: Here is How to Buy