Car bomb explodes near airport in Kabul, 3 killed, 20 injured
Kabul: Three people were killed and 20 others were injured as car bomb exploded on Sunday on a road near the main airport in Kabul.
Police spokesman Ebadullah Karimi said a suicide bomber in a Toyota Corolla rammed a convoy of foreign troops on the road from Kabul's main airport to a NATO military installation nearby.
He could give no further details.
There was no immediate claim of responsibility, though Taliban insurgents have launched a wave of attacks around the country since the drawdown of most foreign troops last year to a small training force.
(With additional information from Reuters)
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- Internet Sensation Ranu Mondal Speaks Out on Lata Mangeshkar's 'Imitation' Comment
- 5-Years-Old Recreates 'Up' Moment With Great Grandparents for Birthday Photoshoot
- 2020 Women's U-17 FIFA World Cup to be Held in India from November 2-21
- Newton Trends on Twitter After Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Says 'Einstein Discovered Gravity'
- Delhi Airport Facial Recognition Trial Calls for Establishment of Cybersecurity Laws