China to Impose Sanctions on US-based NGOs Over Hong Kong Unrest
The sanctions will apply to NGOs, including the National Endowment for Democracy, Human Rights Watch and Freedom House.
Chinese President Xi Jinping in Shanghai, China. (Image: Reuters/File)
Beijing: China said Monday it would impose sanctions on US-based NGOs that have acted "badly" over the recent unrest in Hong Kong.
The sanctions will apply to NGOs including the National Endowment for Democracy, Human Rights Watch and Freedom House, foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying said at a regular press briefing.
Get the best of News18 delivered to your inbox - subscribe to News18 Daybreak. Follow News18.com on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Telegram, TikTok and on YouTube, and stay in the know with what's happening in the world around you – in real time.
Recommended For You
- U2 Mumbai Concert: Ranveer-Deepika Wear Fanny Packs, Sachin Tendulkar Attends
- Priyanka Chopra Wraps up The White Tiger, Reminds RajKummar Rao to Keep Sending Memes
- WWE TLC 2019: Date, Time, Match Card and Everything You Need to Know
- Bigg Boss 13: Kamya Punjabi Slams Madhurima Tuli for Insulting the Transgender Community
- Football in Snow: Watch Real Kashmir FC Players Practice for I-League in Srinagar